Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Poison Control 101

It was bound to happen eventually. We made it almost four years into the journey of parenthood, but clearly our time had come. The morning was going way to well and it simply couldn't last. Both kids had eaten, were dressed with hair fixed ... and I had a good 20 minutes to spare before we had to leave. I might actually get to wear make-up today!?!?

And then it happened ...
D walks up to me holding Baby Q and quite calmly says "I think he might need his mouth washed out?" He then holds up a bottle of nail polish thinner, circa 1999. I have no idea where it had been hiding - it clearly predates my married with kids life (I don't currently own any nail polish, unless you count the sliver of pink on my big toes from who knows when). Wherever Q found it, he had managed to chug about 1/2 an ounce of the stuff. Pretty amazing considering it smells like acetone. So yeah, there would be no make-up for Mommy this morning. It was replaced with a call to our local Poison Control Hotline.

The lady was quite nice - "it's nothing to be concerned about, just give him lots of milk or water to dilute it and keep him upright for the next hour or so."

And then she took my name and number ... do they put you on some sort of Bad Parents List on your first call or is it a freebie???

No comments:

Post a Comment