Friday, July 31, 2009

I See London, I See France ...

It case it isn't clear from previous posts, I have a two-year-old. As a child of this age, he is prone to doing certain things that are expected of him. They usually involve a crowded public place, a high decibel level and are often directly related to the time frame between said event and naptime. I have become quite good at scooping him up and exiting a crowded (and suddenly silent) restaurant in under five seconds. I will even confess to cranking up the radio to drown out a hysterical scream when things don't go his way. It honestly takes a fair bit to leave me speechless when it comes to my Little Man. Today was a fair bit.

We started the day with our usual Friday routine ... gym classes for both kids. Little Man was unusually cooperative for his. Next it was Diva's turn. Since Little Man has difficulty sitting around for Diva's entire class, we ran errands for half of it. After we returned, his teacher was getting ready to leave. He watched her walk out, waved to her and saw the car drive away. At that point, reality struck. He was still standing in the gym. He turned to me and screamed. This much I was expecting ... the next one threw me for a loop. I explained that we had to wait for Diva. He screamed again ... and then pulled off his pants!!

Really?!?
Is that how we settle a disagreement around here.
He who drops his drawers first wins.
Where does one go from there? How do you continue to argue or reason with him at this point.

So, I did the only thing I could in this situation. I calmly scooped up my son (and his pants) and headed for the door!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment