Thursday, July 30, 2009

Don't Drink the Water

We had house guests over the weekend. Miss C is roughly Diva's age and her mother and I swear they could be twins ... strong-willed and opinionated to say the least. Both girls are potty-trained and have been for some time. However, while Miss C wears "big girl panties" to bed, Diva still relies on a pull-up. Diva has always been quite content in her pull-ups, until she realized Miss C would not be wearing one. Although I insisted that she could not sleep in panties, I didn't hold out much hope of being obeyed ... this is Diva we are dealing with!!! After bathtime, I began to get all four kids ready for bed. Feeling certain the pull-up would be replaced with panties at some point in the night, I reminded Diva she needed to potty.

Our conversation went something like this:
Me: "Diva, you need to pee-pee before you go to bed."
Diva: "No Mommy, I already did!"
Me: "That was before your bath. You need to go again."
Diva: "I already did in the bathtub!"

Okay, so most kids pee in the tub at some point. In fact her brother has adopted this practice as his favorite new hobby. No big deal, right? But, as mentioned earlier, we had company this weekend. There were three other kids in that bathtub with her!!!

I will take this opportunity to say something I never thought I would. To Miss C's mom, I am so sorry my kid peed on your kid.

I can hear it years from now: "Yeah, I've known Diva since ..."

1 comment:

  1. "Remember that time you peed on me?" It'll be in their yearbooks.

    ReplyDelete