Monday, July 20, 2009

Beauty Isn't Easy

This week was to be quite busy around our house ... two birthday parties in two days. Halfway through the week, I had the sudden realization that I would be in sandels (or more likely barefoot) in pictures. Not a big deal - until I looked down at me feet. A pedicure had to be added to the "To Do" list. Having pawned Little Man off on Daddy, Diva and I set out on our spa adventure. We have a standing deal for such outings: If she behaves, she gets to pick the color. So far it has worked out well for me, but she does keep eyeing the neon orange.

When we arrived, there was no one waiting so we headed straight for the massage chair. Diva is fascinated with it, although she refuses to sit back against it. She was on her best behavior, the color she picked was a tolerable pink and we had a good time discussing her impending party. Time passed quickly and soon it was time to get up from the chair. Per our usual routine, I lifted her down and then followed. As she began to walk away, she did what only a kid can get away with. She reached back and picked her pants/panties out from where they had crept. Because there were several other people in the store at this point, I quietly asked that she not touch her booty.

My baby girl turned around, sighed loudly and said:
"Mommy, I not touching my booty. My booty ate my panties!!!"

I had on flip flops ... there was no need to hang around for nails to dry. Although, I'm not sure I would have stayed any longer regardless of the footware!!!

1 comment:

  1. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

    ReplyDelete