Friday, June 26, 2009

A Little Pink Never Hurt

In honor of summer, Diva selected two bottles of nail polish during our last trip to Wal-Mart. That evening we painted her toenails using the "sprankles." Little Man watched intently and then climbed up beside me ... "Toes Momma, toes." What's the harm, right? ... he's not even two and just wanted to be like his big sister. I obliged and painted his right big toe. He proudly showed it to Daddy, who was slightly less proud. The pride diminished further when he learned little man wore flipflops the next day and said "Toes, toes" to anyone that would listen.
Last night, I bribed Diva - pink "fingerails" in exchange for letting me cut her nails. While Daddy was busy getting ready for work, deja vu struck. This time I tried to ignore Little Man's request. Diva was quick to serve as her brother's translator, in case I just couldn't understand him.

Our Conversation:
Little Man: "Momma toes, toes Momma."
Diva: "Momma, Little Man wants you to paint his too."
Me: "I know, but I don't think Daddy would like that."
Diva: "But Momma, Daddy is going to work. He won't see the pink."

I guess there is no denying that's my girl ...
sometimes it really is better to ask forgiveness instead of permission!!!

And no, Little Man does not have pink toenails ...
but he does still have the sparkly big toe.

1 comment:

  1. I can picture him showing it off to Daddy! Very cute. :) Does he point to his feet? I must see soon.

    ReplyDelete