Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Noah's Ark ... In My Own House

Bathtime is always a wet adventure in our house ... but today we took it to a whole new level. As is our usual routine, after dinner the kids headed to the bathtub. I usually let them play until the fighting starts and then go in to bathe them. Yes I know, I should not leave them unsupervised ... but I am not that perfect mommy, so I leave them alone in the tub, approximately 50 feet away and check on them often. I use this time to recover the kitchen from our eating adventures. Tonight they were playing so well together so I let them play longer than usual. There was lots of laughing, not the usual bickering after 5 minutes together. I cleaned up the kitchen and then started down the hall to the bathroom. Halfway down the hall, I noticed a problem ... my feet were wet. Sneaking around the corner, I caught them!!!

My two adorable, well-behaved children dumping trash cans full of water out of the tub. The water level in the tub was at least half what it had been ... but, it was almost an inch deep on the bathroom floor, rolling down the hall and into Diva's room. The scene continued - soaked bath mats, a previously dry pile of dirty clothes, a narrowly missed Pottery Barn rug and some very wet hardwood floors. Thank goodness we don't have carpet!

I guess Mommy's face said it all. Little Man was the one actually holding the trash can when I came around the corner. His response was classic: Pouting followed by, "I sorry Momma." But really, what else are you going to say after flooding the house?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment