Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Complicated Relationships

My daughter is a mature woman of the world. She has it all figured out. She is five ...

A recent conversation went something like this:

Diva: "When I am a big grown-up girl, I am going to marry Little Man and have a baby in my tummy."
Me: "Um, well ... people don't usually marry their brothers."
Diva: "But why not?"
Me: "They just don't.  It isn't a good thing to do."
Diva: "Then I can marry Daddy!"
Me:  "But Daddy is already married to Mommy."
Diva:  "That's okay, I can marry Kiki." (that would me by sister, her aunt)

Considering our geographical location, the jokes that could be made of this convo are pretty much endless.  But, in the eyes of a five-year-old, you marry someone that you love.  She simply picked her favorite people.  There is a lesson in there somewhere ...

No comments:

Post a Comment