Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pint Sized Ego Killer

After four pregnancies, it is safe to say that the pre-mommy body is a thing of the past.  The skinny jeans are a slightly larger size than previously purchased, the clingy shirts are more carefully considered and undergarments require a bit more support than they did a few years back.  In return, I have four beautiful, healthy babies that mean the world to me.  They are my world.  In my eyes, it seems to have been a pretty good trade-off.  But, sometimes it's hard not to laugh at the harsh honesty of these beautiful children.

My adorable Baby Boy cornered me in the closet as I was changing shirts, tank top pulled up exposing more tummy than has seen the light in many years.  He stopped mid-sentence and quickly changed direction.

Baby Boy:  "Oh Momma, your belly!" *concerned look on his face*
Me:  "What's wrong with my belly?"
Baby Boy:  "Here Momma, put your shirt on your belly."  *attempting to pull shirt back down*
Me:  "So sorry!  Is my belly that offensive to you?"
Baby Boy:  "Yeah"

You won't get an argument from me - the belly clearly isn't bikini on the beach ready.  But, offensive to a three-year-old seems a bit harsh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment