Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Extreme Couponing - K Family Style

I have always been a bargain shopper:
  • Clothes are rarely purchased before they reach the clearance rack
  • Even then, an additional discount is often used
  • Gifts are purchased months in advance to take advantage of sales
  • We drove to a neighboring state to buy our car because the price was better

It should come as no surprise that I use coupons.  Extreme couponer, I am not.  But they are a part of most shopping trips.  In fact, they are a bit of a family affair.  Scissor skills are practiced while cutting out coupons.  Lessons on saving are taught in the store.  We even manage to have a little fun in the process.

When time allows, we have a scavenger hunt of sorts with the coupons.  On a recent trip to Target, Daddy was with us.  I don't think he will be volunteering to come again anytime soon.

It went something like this:
Me:  "Okay, take your coupon and see if you can find something that looks like the picture on it"
Diva:  "Mine has bandaids.  I get bandaids!"
Little Man:  "Mine is pink.  I get pink!"
*each kid was helped in selecting the correct item, which they were excited to show off*
Diva:  "Look Daddy, I found bandaids!"
Little Man:  "And I found pinks!" *practically screaming, proudly holding a package of pantyliners*
Daddy:  "You just had to give him that one?!?!"

Well ...

No comments:

Post a Comment