Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Conversation About God

The Diva's MDO class is having the End of the Year program this evening. For the Christmas program, the kids dressed as snowmen complete with stovepipe hats. Picking her up today, we began the usual after school conversation about her day. Then I asked what I thought to be a logical next question:

Me: Are you wearing a costume for your program tonight?
Diva: I wanna wear the God costume.
**long silent pause** Wow, I was thinking she would say flower or something else with a summer theme. Maybe I just misunderstood her.
Me: What costume?
Diva: The God costume. We need to go to the costume store and get my God costume.
Me: I'm not really sure we should do that. I don't think that's a good idea.
Diva: Why?
Me: Wanna go to Taco House for lunch?

So I took "God" to Taco Bell for lunch. Do you think that was okay? Maybe I should have sprung for something a little nicer.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    taco house is definitely NOT kosher...

    ReplyDelete