Thursday, May 13, 2010

You Put What on Your Lips?

In our house, make-up is highly valued by the "under five" group. Clearly, this was not inherited from Momma. Full make-up for her consists of eyes and lips ... at the same time! The love of make-up was never a big issue until a certain Little Man entered our lives. Poor kid. The only role model he has is a prissy girl - he didn't stand a chance!

Since Daddy has issues with his boy wearing lipstick, we have had to get creative. Little Man does get to wear lipstick. You and I just happen to know it better as chapstick. It's all the same to him and it makes my life a little easier. For Christmas, Santa left each kid a "lipstick." A few weeks ago one of these was rediscovered. Unfortunately, only one was rediscovered. This usually results in a fight. I was braced for the fight - screaming, hitting, throwing - I was ready for any of it. However, I was not quite prepared for what I got. It should be mentioned at this point, the "lipstick" was called Vanilla Blizzard.

Overheard in the Playroom:
Diva: "It's mine!"
Little Man: "I want lipstick!"
Diva: "This is mine. It's vanilla lizard."
Little Man: "Divaaaa, I want nilla lizard!"
*Did I really just hear that? Lizard?*
Momma: "What are you doing in there?"
Diva: "Putting lipstick on my lips."
Momma: "What kind of lipstick?"
Diva: "Vanilla Lizard."
Little Man: "Momma, I got nilla lizard!"
Momma: "Okay"
*sometimes it's really not worth the effort. Vanilla Lizard it is!

1 comment: