Wednesday, February 17, 2010

There has been a real problem around here lately with spitting and talking back. While I appreciate a good smart a** as much as the next person, it really isn't as well-received in a four-year-old and I have no patience for spitting. Time out and loss of privileges has made little difference in the problem - time to go old school.

With fond memories of my childhood encounters with a bar of Ivory soap, I decided it was time to mix up a batch of "Sassy Spray" - aka vinegar and water in a spray bottle. I was certain this would be the cure for the current problem. Have I mentioned over-confidence is also occasionally a problem in our house?

It wasn't long before we had the opportunity to test out the spray.
The encounter went something like this:
Me: "Little Man, go to time out!"
LM: "NO!" (followed by spitting)
*Little Man placed in time out*
Me: "We don't spit! Do you want Sassy Spray?"
LM: "Yeah" (opens his mouth and smiles)
*Sassy Spray used, small amount of foaming noted as he smiles and swallows it*
LM: "I like Sassy Spray." (spits and opens mouth) "I want Sassy Spray!"

Okay ... this isn't how it's supposed to work! Guess I should have stuck with the Ivory ... but, even after all these years, I still can't bring myself to buy it!

1 comment:

  1. What I don't understand is how he LIKES this Sassy Spray concoction, but doesn't like dinner?!

    ReplyDelete