Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Growing Pains

Halloween - not my favorite holiday for many different reasons.  One of these is the costumes.  I am admittedly cheap.  Costumes are not, unless you are talking about the quality.  Multiply that cost times three kids, divide by the only time they will be worn ... 
As I said, not a fan!

Imagine my delight when Diva and Little Man decided, completely on their own, that last year's costumes were perfect for this year.  Last year's ensemble cast included Mustard, Ketchup and a Hot dog.  All costumes were still presentable and fit, except Baby Boys (aka Hot dog).

After an extensive search (read: google search for  "toddler hot dog costume"), it wasn't looking good.  Then the week before Halloween, Momma scored a pretty good deal.  There would be a slight change to the line-up - Hot dog would be replaced by Hamburger for a grand total of $4.00.  Maybe this holiday isn't so bad after all ...

Fast forward to the long awaited night.  After school, we headed to Grandma's more kid-friendly neighborhood for the festivities.  My very excited Diva entered a crowded house and announced in perfect six-year-old volume:
"Mamou, Little Man and I are wearing our same costumes.  But, we had to get Baby Boy a new one 'cause he outgrew his weenie!"

That's my girl!  If you would like to contribute to Baby Boy's therapy fund, feel free to let us know.

1 comment:

  1. Mom has told all her friends this... I love it!

    ReplyDelete