Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Iron Chefs

We own an Easy Bake Oven.  I purchased it with idealistic dreams of teaching my daughter my own love of baking.  We used it once.  That was all it took.  The size of the mess was very disproportionate to the size of cake we made.  How can it take an hour to clean up when the ingredients list consists of teaspoons of water!?!  Since that day, the beloved oven has been stored on a high shelf in the laundry room.  It has acquired an impressive layer of dust. 

All of that changed this week: 
I love my sister.  She does all those things that make her a favorite aunt and make me wish I still had a cleaning service.  The Easy Bake Oven is a perfect example ...

Dessert pizza was the decided upon dish.  Pizza dough.  If you don't cook, let me tell you what that means - flour ... lots of flour!

A little flour goes a long way.  I am reasobably certain there was less than a cup of flour used in the whole process.  My kitchen looked more like an entire bag was used.  The pizza dough might not have been edible, but it certainly wasn't going to stick to anything!  Table, chairs, floor, hair - flour was everywhere.

Little Man, smiling as he said it "I put fwour on my feet, so pizza won't stick to them"



Perfect!  I hate when dinner sticks to your feet! 
Back to that oven and the idealistic dreams ... they are now safely back on the laundry room shelf.  Maybe we will try again next year.  Without the flour ...

1 comment: