Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Momma's Education

My job requires that I complete a certain number of education hours each year. As with most things, the classes available are typically not offered on off hours. Because of this, I am not a regular at such classes. This morning was an exception.

Aunt Kiki agreed to spend the night and watch the kids this morning, providing the chance for me to attend a class. I made no mention of my plans as the kids went to bed - they would have been bouncing off the walls for hours.

As I was getting ready, Diva had a few questions:
Diva: "Where are you going?"
Mommy: "I have to go to school."
Diva: "Where is your school?"
Mommy: "At my hospital. Even Mommy has to go to school sometimes."
Diva: "What do you do at your school?"
Mommy: "Learn how to take care of the babies."
Diva: "But you know how to take care of the babies."
Mommy: "Yeah, but I still have to go to school sometimes."
*very serious look on Diva's face, really concentrating on this one*
Diva: "Do you not do a good job taking care of the babies?"
Mommy: "Um, well ... I try to ..."


Nothing like a five-year-old to provide a well-placed blow to the ego!

No comments:

Post a Comment